This weekend it was warm enough to take a walk, so me, the wife, and the kid took advantage. We went for a walk around Millvale on a scavenger hunt, looking for all things purple. Here’s what we found.
You best be clickin’ for a bigger view, because it’s the biggest file I think I’ve ever uploaded to this blog. I ain’t wastin’ my storage for nothin’.
After looking at all of the pictures, I was inspired to try to arrange them like you see up there because of a game for your phone called Blendoku. Look it up, it’s pretty fun. So here’s what I did:
- Brought all the photos in and formatted them in a square around the purple subject.
- Used the medicine dropper to pull out the dominant color.
- Created a “swatch” of each photo to make it easier to arrange. (here’s what it looked like after I brought them in to Photoshop at random:)
- Arranged them as best I could.
- Turned off the swatch layer, decided it looked bad.
- Instead, used the swatch layer to colorize the original photo.
I’m a nerd.
Here are some of the original photos.
That duck is my newest favorite thing.
I’m going to post some of the other ones I took on twitter, so follow me @raybowman or look for the hashtags #scavengerhunt #purple and add your own from your neighborhood! After a while everything looks purple, so be prepared to get really sick of that color.